This Wi-Fi network is provided to you free of charge to use onsite at the Freud Museum London. Please use the network responsibly and with consideration for all others.
Public Wi-Fi Access Terms and Conditions
The Freud Museum Wi-Fi service (“the Service”) is provided by the Freud Museum London (“the Museum”).
The Museum may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to review these Terms for any changes.
The Service operates on an open wireless network and is therefore not inherently secure. Users must take appropriate steps to protect their own systems before connecting to it.
When you use the Service, please be aware that:
- No network communication should be considered private or protected. Communication over this wireless network is not encrypted. Wireless networks are not unique in this respect. All users of shared networks can potentially eavesdrop on another person’s data.
- The Museum is not responsible for the safety, security, configuration or integrity of any of your equipment or data used to access the Service.
- Users of this Service should avoid entering any confidential information, unless they are certain that the system or website with which they are interacting provides its own security mechanism, such as https protection.
- There are always risks present when connecting a device to the Internet. Users must ensure that they have appropriate protection against viruses, worms, Trojans and unauthorised access.
- When connected to the Service, the Service collects device location data including the geographic location and mac address of the connected device. The Museum cannot identify individuals from the data collected, and device-specific data is not stored by the Museum.
- By using this Service you accept and acknowledge the risks associated with connecting unprotected systems to an unsecured network.
The use of the Service for the following activities is prohibited:
- Unsolicited bulk communications.
- Invasion of privacy of others.
- Infringing the intellectual property rights of others.
- Use of the Service for the creation, collection, storage, downloading or displaying of any offensive, obscene, indecent or menacing images, data or material capable of being resolved into such.
- Use of the Service to harass, defame, libel, slander, intimidate, impersonate or otherwise abuse another person.
- Hacking or distribution of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malicious code.
- Accessing systems, data or resources to which you are not authorised.
- Excessive use of network bandwidth.
- Any use that does not comply with the law.
- Any use that may interfere with the normal running of the Service or with others’ use of the Service.
The Museum cannot guarantee that the Service will be compatible with your equipment. The Museum offers no warranty that the Service will be adequate, available at all times, uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components.
The Museum reserves the right to withdraw the Service at any time without prior warning.
The Museum and its affiliated entities, and the officers and staff of the Museum and its affiliated entities, shall not be responsible for connection failures, internet service disruption or denials of service.
Use of the Service is entirely at your own risk and notwithstanding anything else in these terms of service, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Museum excludes all warranties (whether express or implied) and all liability to you in respect of the Service and your use of it including but not limited to all liability for loss of information or damages resulting from that loss.
Any misuse of the Service or any breach by you of these terms of service will result in the withdrawal of your wireless connection.
There shall be no liability on the part of the Trustees of the Freud Museum London in relation to the Service (to the extent that such liability can be excluded by law).
We do not require any personal information from you to provide our free Wi-Fi, other than your device’s MAC address. We only retain this information for as long as you are using the free Wi-Fi at the Museum. We do not link this MAC address with any personal data that identifies you.
In certain circumstances it may be necessary for the Museum to disclose this information to the authorities, who may interrogate the data further.
By using the Service you consent to the Museum’s collection, storage, and use of anonymous data.
If you do not want the Museum to collect, store and analyse anonymous data from your device, you can turn off your device’s Wi-Fi connection.
These terms of service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising in relation to the Service shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If any part of these Terms of Service should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.