- This event has passed.
26 November, 10:30 am - 12:45 pm
Free with adult admission but book ahead!
Use your mind to think about what’s in your mind by taking part in a philosophy session with educational charity The Philosophy Foundation.
- Session 1 (ages 5-7): 10.30am – 11.30am
- Session 2 (ages 8-11): 11.45am – 12.45am
We will be thinking about thinking, wondering about whether the mind is the same as the brain, about whether computers are able to think, we may try to do some telepathy (reading minds) and telekinesis (moving objects with the power of the minds), and even consider whether the planet has a mind (as well as being mined!).
At the end of the session you will be able to say that you have MINED YOUR HEAD!
The Philosophy Foundation is a charity that aims to foster a culture of curiosity and wonder through philosophy. They believe that philosophy is not just a subject, but a way of life that can help people of all ages and backgrounds to think more clearly, creatively, and critically.
These sessions are part of Museum Shop Sunday. We want to celebrate the spirit of curiosity and exploration which underpins the curation of the book and gift selection in the Freud Museum Shop. Spark your curiosity on the day with a 10% discount in our shop and online with the code MuseumShopSunday23!
- Please book ahead.
- These sessions are free for children when accompanied by at least one admission-paying adult.
- Grown ups are not required to stay for the sessions, but at least one accompanying adult must remain on the Museum premises for the duration of the session.
- Grown ups can watch the sessions, but are not required to take part.
- Bursaries are available for families experiencing financial hardship. To apply for a bursary place please email [email protected]
This workshop was made possible by an Arts Council England funded, Museum Development London grant.