How to order
Ordering for Publication
Unless otherwise stated, all copyright and other rights in the photo library are and shall be the property of Freud Museum London.
High resolution digital images are available to license for publication and/or broadcast with the permission of the museum. Please contact the Photo Library via email, specifying the intended publication or use outlined by the information below.
Copyright license fees for publication in books, magazines, and subscription journals are dependent on:
- the rights required (single or multi-language, one country or world rights)
- the estimated print run of the publication
- the use of the image on the cover or inside a publication
All fees include e-book or other electronic format license.
The Museum offers discounts in the following cases:
- For academic and small editions
- Editions of less than 1000 = 20% discount; 1,000 – 4,999 = 10% discount
Broadcast and film use
Fees for broadcasting still or moving images are dependent on:
- territories required
- length of term of rights required (months, years or in perpetuity)
- media required and extent of transmission (broadcast only, online etc)
Once a fee has been arranged, payment can be made via bank transfer or by credit/debit card though the museum's online shop. The license will be granted and the requested high-resolution (minimum 300dpi) digital image(s) will be sent by email or via FTP link.
Value Added Tax (at the prevailing rate) is charged on UK sales; there is no VAT on EEC sales if the customer provides their VAT number; No VAT is charged on other international sales.
Contact us if the image you are looking for is not yet online.