These films are intended to facilitate first encounters with Freud’s thought.
If you’re studying the psychodynamic approach, this resource is for you!
In this episode:
- The emotional world of children
- His Majesty the Baby
- The mother as first love object
- Is it sexual?
- Jealousy, rivalry, hatred and anxiety
- The role of the father Gender: Freud didn’t think you were just ‘born a boy’ or ‘born a girl’
- There is no perfect resolution of the Oedipus complex
- It marks us for life
A factsheet (PDF) accompanies this series
Freud's account of sexuality was very different to mainstream ideas about it.