This online session examines schizophrenia from a psychoanalytic perspective.
Format: Zoom meeting or webinar
Duration: 90 minutes
Cost: £80 per class*
Suitability: KS5, HE**
Availability: Mondays and Tuesdays
* reductions available for multiple classes
** can be adapted for KS4 students
Sigmund Freud didn’t think it was possible, but many psychoanalysts today work with psychotic patients.
This webinar is an opportunity to hear from a subject expert with several years’ clinical experience working psychoanalytically with psychosis.
In this session:
- Causes and characteristics of schizophrenia
- The triggering of an acute psychotic crisis
- Hallucinations and delusions
- Stabilisation and the role of therapy
- Plenty of time for discussion and debate!
Made to measure!
‘Schizophrenia’ has been devised as an enrichment session for A Level Psychology students, but can be tailored for KS4 and HE students, either as an introduction to the topic or to consolidate classroom learning.
We use a flexible format and adjust each session to the interests and abilities of each group. Let us know your requirements when you book!