This November, we are bursting at the seams with events!
Can you believe we have something happening every single week? The Uncanny Masked Ball will take place on the 1st November, opening our wintery season of events, followed by a great month of talks and performances, from Lacan to lost Freudian lectures…
- Founder of Harley Therapy, Dr. Sheri Jacobson, will reflect on the ways in which we are seeking therapy today and how practices are changing with us, in this very topical talk on Therapy in the 21st-Century.
- Later that week, we will be hearing from renowned psychoanalyst and author, Darian Leader on Psychoanalysis and The Uncanny as part of the series of events around our temporary exhibition, The Uncanny: A Centenary.
- Art historian and author of The Feminist Uncanny, Alexandra Kokoli, will be using contemporary art practice to illustrate and question the concept of ‘the uncanny’ in her talk Party’s Over.
- Jacques Lacan takes centre-stage on 21st November with Dr. Yael Baldwin who will be looking at the relevance of Lacanian therapy today in Words and Signifiers Still Matter.
- Finally, to round off this intense month is a full day of weird and unsettling performances. Join the likes of Martin Bladh, Brian Catling, Claire Hind, Sarah Grainger-Jones, Deborah Levy, lili Spain, Jane Thorburn and Gary Winters for One Uncanny Sunday…
Not for the weak-hearted.
The Uncanny: A Centenary
Join us this winter for a haunting program, as we mark the centenary of the publication of Sigmund Freud’s paper on ‘The Uncanny’. The exhibition The Uncanny: A Centenary runs from 30 October 2019 to 9 February 2020, alongside a programme of related events.