Freud Museum: Questionnaire
All these questions can be answered by using information from the museum and perhaps a little research!
- Why did Freud come to London?
- How many children did Freud have?
- Which one of them designed the roof of the conservatory?
- What was the name of Freud's daughter, who became a psychoanalyst and lived here until her death in 1982?
- What didFreud's daughter do before she became a psychoanalyst?
- What were the two books she published in 1927 and 1936 respectively?
- What book was Freud writing when he came to London, which he completed here?
- What other evidence is there in the museum that Freud was interested in this subject?
- Complete the titles: "...and the riddle of the Sphinx"; "The lesson of Doctor ...". Where can you find these paintings?
- To which artist did Freud say: "... it gives me great pleasure and I should really thank you for the trouble you have taken in reproducing my ugly face ..."?
- Briefly describe the relative positions taken up in a therapy session by Freud and his patients.
- Why did Freud think this was a good therapeutic arrangement?
- Freud sometimes used to handle his antiquities when he was seeing patients. Where did he get most of the objects from?
- What was the connection Freud saw between psychoanalysis and archaeology?
- Apart from collecting antiquities what other 'addiction' did Freud confess to?